August 8, 2012

Covina City Council: Follow-up

In July, I testified before the Covina City Council regarding the proposed Lighting District No. 1 and a new property assessment (read: tax) for street lights.  (The video of my testimony is on my website.  See the text of that testimony elsewhere on this blog).  Actually, I voted for the new district and assessment.  My complaint was that we have no street lights, despite the promise of a city council member 30 years ago that they would be installed if the annexation of our tract was successful.  Turns out that my "Yes" vote carried no weight since it contributed $0.00 to the yes-vote category.  Notice that it took council less than a minute to certify the results of the ballot measure.

This video is in my Vimeo.com channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment